There is A LOT going on in Richmond this weekend, get ready! Here are the main events you won’t wanna miss.
1. Extreme Karaoke and pust-punk dance party at Bauhaus (click here, message for directions and time), featuring Green Bubble Raincoated Men, New Turks, Gunboat, and Springtime. Come get weird, sing, and dance with the punx!
2. On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, go see Grapefruit Fred & Friends at the Canal Club (1545 E. Cary st.) at 10pm for only five bucks! Get your jam on with this act that combines the styles of classic jam bands like the Greatful Dead and Phish with newer acts like The Disco Biscuits.
3. The brand-new Mayo Island Studio Collective (corner of 14th and Hull st.) is holding an open studio night from 7-10pm to celebrate the opening of their exciting communal studio space. Come out to work on your own art, network, or just check out artists in their natural habitat!
4. Say-10 Records celebrate their 5th anniversary at Strange Matter(929 W. Grace) with performances by such gypsy-punk gems as Daycare Swindlers, Pedals on our Pirate Ships, GDP, Challenges, Know Your Saints, and Wolfbite. This is an early show, doors are at 4pm, and it’s only five bucks!
5. Local ladies Eliza Childress, Mary Silcox, and Sara Gossett will be hosting Bump in the Night (Pt. 3): Area Woman Dance Night and spinning some awesome hip hop, r&b, disco, soul, funk, gospel, garage, psych, world music, etc., all on vinyl at Balliceaux (203 N. Lombardy). It’s free and you won’t be able to stop dancing!
© 2013 Sticky Rice Restaurant
All rights reserved